Wednesday, May 6, 2020

My Abe

My Abe is 8 years old, 8 years plus 2 months.
You know how the old saying goes: time flies!

He had a fantastic birthday party this year, a Nerf-ing party with a handful of his closest friends. We were very fortunate that the virus fear, panic, and hysteria began after his celebration.


My 8 year old loves Nerf, loves Lego, and loves dogs and cats. He spends his days making his sister laugh or scolding her for getting a hold of his toys or the remote or for scaling something in the house that she shouldn't be climbing. He's outside A LOT, digging holes, playing with sticks, riding his bike. Kid gets a lot of sun. He loves his Grandma! His favorite thing in the world is spending time with his cousins. He's incredibly athletic but has less than zero desire to be involved with sports (we try often to change his mind).

All those years ago, when I posted the announcement here that our baby Abe was going to make his appearance into the world I could only dream of these days, days when he would be a good big brother, an athletic energetic big kid, a great helper around the home. These days were nowhere on my radar back then, days where he'd spend hours writing notes and mailing them out to people he misses because of this nonsense; when he'd work on "the corona-virus is over" party decorations for a party he's planning on his own day after day after day.

My Abe is growing up.


 

6 comments:

  1. Please wish him happy birthday from me. He is growing to be a young man to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By which I mean belated happy birthday. Silly me!

      Delete
    2. I told him you sent birthday wishes and he says thank-you!
      He'll take birthday wishes anytime, it doesn't matter how close or far away his birthday may be :)

      Delete
  2. He's a doll! Love the idea of a post Corona party :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He came up with the idea. He's been working on party planning for it for DAYS!!!

      Delete