Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Walked through it


One very positive thing that can be said for this wacky year is that my family got a whole lot of Vitamin D.



Between the stay at home orders (which, to clarify, instructed people that it was acceptable to go for walks), everything being shut down, and half of our favorite businesses closing down permanently we've gone for so many super long walks together this year it's unbelievable.




We live in a really nice beach town so walking around town for fun is really very enjoyable. We almost always walk from our house, down to Lake Michigan, and back through town. And for at least half the year there are fun little places that can cater to outside only business so an occasional ice cream, corn dog, or snow cone is an added bonus for the little ones.






One of my favorite things about this year's strangeness, encouraging us to walk about town TONS is that before the kiddos were born my husband and I went for really long walks or bike rides all the time.


This one was taken on a VERY hot day when we
were all melting, covering in sweat, almost didn't 
make it home. SOOOOOOOO hot!!!


2020 you have been a terror. I could say so many awful things about you. But try as you might there have been good things this year. So HA!



8 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous. Plus I think that some of the best conversations happen with my kids on long walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little girl isn't quite so little anymore! And your son is definitely getting bigger! How lovely to open my reading list and see this post from you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I know she's growing up really fast!!! And she likes to think she's way older than she actually is too.

      Delete
  3. You are so pretty, never seen a picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank-you so much. I've only posted a handful of photos of me and most of them I've pulled down after a few days or weeks. Haha! I'm elusive.

      Delete
  4. I don't know why I thought you lived in Florida! Cute pictures of all of you. Nice family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, always Michiganders. Long cold harsh winters here but we have the lake AND beaches.

      Delete