Saturday, January 25, 2020

Spending, January week 3

January 19 thru January 25th

I am no where near the $24 a day budget I'm shooting for BUT I'm not upset with my spending.

We haven't been eating out much (about once a week). My husband would eat out four or five times a week if I allowed it. I haven't been buying coffees at work. And I've been bringing lunch to work with me/ not buying anything to eat or drink while working. We've been eating really healthy food; haven't been eating sugary treats or any desserts (or spending any money on such items).

My "stuff" category has had relatively light spending and I've gotten pretty good deals on what I have purchased there.

Life is expensive! Right now I think I'll shoot for closing out January with a $30 a day spending average. That allows $167 to spend next week. My weekly spending has been over $200 so it's a fair challenge.

Groceries: $123.87
Meat, veggies, fruit, fruit and nut bars, nuts. Soda water. Oh, of course, coffee grounds and tea. Milk. That about sums up all of the grocery spending.

Eating out: $41.36
This week we had the "kids eat free" Sunday meal from a local Mexican restaurant. On Thursday I took a long lunch break to meet my husband at the dentist, grab the kids (so they didn't have to sit through is hour long cleaning) and I brought them through the McDonald's drive thru for happy meals before we headed home. I also got myself a medium black coffee from McDonalds.

Household items/ toiletries: $28.98
This week I bought $24.99 worth of diapers. Won't need those for a few weeks now.

Stuff: $16.74
I spent $10.90 on a mug for mom's birthday and $5.84 on a Valentines gift for Abe. That's $16.74 this week on gifts in the stuff category.

Grand Total this week: $210.95

Average daily spending this year: $30.71

A few cents down from $30.93

1 comment:

  1. But the biggest achievement is that you are tracking and holding yourself accountable! I can't believe how much better off I am since I did the same thing. I don't know what I spent on before that I don't spend on now but somehow I've a lot more cash!

    ReplyDelete