Friday, January 31, 2020

Spending, January week 4

January 26 thru January 31

Groceries: $164.08

Eating out: $15.89
My husband got an order of fajitas for himself one night when I didn't feel like eating or cooking. The kids had hot dogs that night.


Household supplies/ toiletries: $2.29
I do not remember what I spent the $2.29 on.

Stuff: $30
I spent $5.99 on a pack of pacifiers. I bought a kids fold up/ camping chair on clearance from $9.99 to $3.99. And this next one was a lot considering I was trying to close out January with a $30 a day average. I spent $20.02 on a LEGO set for Abe. It was a $49.99 set that went on clearance and the store was running an extra 30% off toy clearance. It's hard to find LEGOs at a 60% off price point ever. My husband insisted we needed to buy it for our boy. I didn't argue. Abe spent all day yesterday building and most of today playing with it.

I had a few neat things happen with spending this week. On Saturday (okay, that was last week). Abe and I met several of my co-workers at Red Robbin for a work get together. I only ordered a black coffee for myself and then Abe got a kids meal which he scarfed down. When the bills came a co-worker grabbed ours and said they wanted to pay for Abe's meal (and my coffee). That was so nice of them!!!

Then practically the same thing happened on Sunday. We went out to eat with the guys from my husband's band and their families. One of the guys insisted on paying for everyone at the table. WOW!!! I don't even want to think about how much that bill was. Yikes. So many nice people in our circle of friends. 💓

Last, not the same at all, I spent $45 on clothes for my little Wren. I purchased three pajama sets, two pair of pants, and two shirts from Carters/ OshKosh. They were all pretty deeply clearanced. We had $50 left over from Christmas money that relatives gave her so that went towards the clothes and nothing came out of the budget. Woohoo!

Grand total this week: $212.26

Average daily spending this year: $31.61

Hoping to close out January with a $30 a day average means I spent $49.96 more this month than I was shooting for. Bummer.

On to February!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say not bad. Not perfect but perfection could be boring. And if you always hit target it isn't a challenge. You're still getting your eye in but it will happen.

    What a kind man to treat you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have circles where people treat each other. Legos are a wonderful toy and you did well in the price.

    ReplyDelete