Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's gonna be difficult BUT sigh of relief... I can do this!

Writing yesterday's blog really helped (I should have done that at least a month ago).

All of your comments and support really helped! I'm going to take your advise. I'm going to pay off our littlest credit card. It has zero percent interest that ends in December. I really want to get it gone before the interest kicks back in. I'll feel great eliminating another card even if it's just a tiny one (without interest). That will leave us with four cards at the end of this year, 2011. We started the year with NINE..

The other cards are going to have to sit on the back burner. I've just worked out a budget for the next six months (headache) and even though it's a super tight penny pinching budget that's going to be very difficult to stick to it pays all the bills and saves enough money for me to take 8 weeks maternity leave without any worry. (Sorry about the run on sentences... my husband says I'm awful for that) I'd LOVE to take the full 12 weeks but right now I've got 8 weeks worked into the budget. I'm happy with that!

Fortunately the tax refund will come very near the same time our little one arrives. I can either use that for another 4 weeks leave or to put towards the hospital bills. I will cross that bridge when I get to it BUT at least I have that little honey jar sitting out there in the future. PLEASE DON'T RAISE THE TAX RATE US of A!!!

As for baby stuff I haven't bought anything... ok except a kids book. I've been slowly giving away my wonderful kids book collection as birthday gifts and such for the past few years as I've seen no kids coming our way and it was very practical. I felt REALLY good purchasing a new book for my dwindling collection knowing that we're going to have our own little one to read them to. Wow, getting a little teary eyed writing this.

We've already been given a few baby gifts. Honestly since we waited NINE years to have our first child (and everyone had almost given up on us) all of the family and friends are super excited and I'm pretty sure we'll be getting tons of baby stuff (and buying VERY little). One friend of mine recently brought over all her old maternity clothes. I genuinely don't plan on having to buy anymore YAY... THANK YOU BARN (thats her nickname)!!! Over the past year and a half I've gotten really good at NOT buying stuff. I don't think the new little addition to the family will change that.

Well this WAS going to be a quick short blog. Sorry about that... I'm finding my blogs sort of run on and on.  Sigh of relief: I'm really glad I FINALLY sat down, worked out the numbers and have a little plan. Now, thee most important and difficult thing of all is going to be sticking to it AND sticking to this blog because I tell you what I would NOT have made it through the first six months of this year and the $3000 credit card payoff without being able to vent everyday and receiving all of your wonderful support and advice. Thank-you blogging community! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you, I miss you when you don't post. Saty well, drink lots of water and get lots of sleep x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't try to over do on debt repayment or you will relapse and splurge. At least I do.

    ReplyDelete