Friday, August 12, 2011

Thee Best Budget Buster

Time to share the news...

This is our little guy sporting his brand new t-shirt

The past few months I've had to change things around a bit. Ramon noodles aren't really going to cut it anymore. I need to eat fruit and more veggies daily. I need vitamins, calcium; oh how the list goes on... Seriously the most welcome and exciting budget buster I've ever faced. I really couldn't be happier (or more completely and totally in shock). I really couldn't have been more thrown off my guard and totally knocked off the budget horse.

I've been re-thinking the budget for awhile now (while totally blowing half of June, all of July, and not doing so great in August) and I've decided to add an extra $3 a day for the peanut fund. It might not work. I NEED to buy healthier food than what I'd been living off of, no questions about it. I think I can do that on $3 a day. I'm going to try and get back to the $12 a day budget. Honestly I've got more of a reason now to get out of debt than I ever had before. But on top of the $12 a day budget I'm starting a $3 a day peanut fund strictly for the peanut.

Between now and February 2012 I've got a lot a praying to do, a lot of debt to tackle, a lot of saving to accomplish, and A LOT to look forward to!!!

I've wanted nothing more all my life than to be a mom. My dream come true would be to stay at home with my kids (yet to come) and adopt children (or a child) who need(s) a home and bring them into our family. This debt HAS GOT TO GO! I'm pretty sure I cannot say that often enough.

8.12 Lovely: Simply the fact that it's Friday. I'm so, so, so happy just for the weekend to be here! ahh sleep

8 comments:

  1. Your post is very touching. I hope your dream comes true soon. I want to adopt also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What a great motivator.

    Good luck with the debt tackling. We'll be rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa under the redwoodsAugust 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM

    Congratulations! I am very happy for you. Yes, you will be wanting to eat a healthy diet. If you are going to take a calcium supplement ask your doctor about taking Tums. They have a lot of calcium for a low price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! :) I'm thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So much to look forward to a big old Tasmanian yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both! Prepare to spend money. A LOT of money....!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations


    Judy

    ReplyDelete