Friday, October 16, 2020

Punk Pie Day

 



Last week Friday was a field trip day. We went to a really fun farm/ petting zoo with a ton of other homeschoolers and picked pumpkins from their pumpkin patch.




It's sort of become tradition to make pumpkin pie after we get home from the pumpkin patch. So both the kids have been asking if it's pie day everyday for the past week. This little one carried around her pumpkin all week asking for "punk pie."

We sliced the pumpkins in half, seeded, baked, and pureed them. Will roast the seeds later. We made pie crust from scratch. Baked it, then after mixing up the filling baked our punk pie. While it cooled we whipped up heavy whipping cream and wahla!



Hooray for our traditional punk pie day!!!








6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know this post is now quite old but I just wanted you to know that a dear friend of mine, (an American lady who lives in my old parish), made me a pumpkin pie as an extra Christmas present and I loved it. I sliced and froze most of it and still have a couple of slices left.

      Delete
  2. Yum! Looks like a fabulous adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious! I love the term punk pie! If one of my kids had said that we wold use that term forever. The "Baby" of our brood is grown and married and we still refer to one of is favorite sandwiches as "gorilla cheese"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! I love pumpkin patches.

    ReplyDelete