Monday, January 13, 2020

First Spending Tally of the Year

January 1st through January 11th


Groceries: $160.83

Household supplies/ toiletries: $22.98
I've included diapers under this category but we shall begin potty training next month so I anticipate that won't be an enormous expense this year. Yay!

Eating out: $86.28
This total included four coffees. I've already decided to start bringing tea to work with me. I'm also cutting out coffee creamer this year. We have a Starbucks at our store (where I work) and as much as I generally like Starbucks coffee I can't drink it black. The ones they choose to keep brewed are always too bitter.

Also, the eating out expense is WAY too high already but we went to one of my husband's favorite Mexican restaurants and spent $46 on one meal! This same restaurant does free kids meals on Sunday's so we've already decided we will not be eating there again any time soon unless it's a Sunday. I have a hard time paying more than $30/ $35 at a restaurant.

Stuff: $16.22
I spent $6.90 on a puzzle, $9.32 on Christmas items on clearance: wrapping paper, bows, lights, a decoration for Abe's room next year. I think there was a bit more but I can't remember what...

Clothing: $13.65
Two pair of pants on clearance for Abe.

Grand Total for 11 days: $299.96

Average daily spending: $27.27

_________________________________________


Average daily spending rules recap. I do not include any bills in the daily spending. I also do not include gasoline. My kiddos are homeschooled and its my budget. I make the rules. I don't include school expenses in the average daily spend: books, curriculum, crafting supplies, classes outside of the home, field trips. I do however limit what I consider a school expense. If we purchase something on a field trip for example that would still be normal spending. I also don't call fun or unique outings field trips unless there are other students along. I won't exclude anything purchased for baby Wren on schooling terms because she's only one. Even though she is always learning she is not currently being schooled. That would be cheating.

The baby is a darling little lady now

3 comments:

  1. That's the spirit! You're assessing what is important and looking at the figures to see if they are in line with your priorities. OK a bit of an overspend but with that attitude you'll do brilliantly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wren has certainly grown. I think Abe was just a little fellow when I first started reading you. You are correct, your budget, your rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids have grown! I like reading your new and inspired blog. I agree with using the Sunday kids eat free. That was the only way eating out was affordable when my kids were young, though as the two got older, we would often swap meals as my son could eat much more than me, but heck, I liked the under 12 prices better.

    ReplyDelete