Saturday, January 18, 2020

Spending, January Week Two

January 12th thru the 18th


Groceries: $192.65
I purchased two pounds of salmon, a whole chicken, and several pounds of ground beef this week. Right there my grocery bill spiked. Oh yeah, my husband also brought home pre-cut beef chunks for last nights dinner, a superbly delicious beef stew that I stewed for five hours. I always regret asking him to bring home meat though. I told him to get a very cheap hunk of meat but... well, I should have known.

At present I have a whole chicken, about three pounds of ground beef, and tons of veggies on hand so hopefully that will bring down next weeks grocery budget.

Eating out: $31.78
We ate one meal out and I did not buy any coffees. If you ask me that's a win for the eating out category this week!

Household supplies/ toiletries: $19.03
Boring category. Not much to say here.

Clothing: $13.33
This was a fun one. Abe picked out a winter coat for next year from all the coats that have recently gone on clearance. The coat was originally $40. The clearance price was $20. There was an additional 30% off the clearance price. And I have a %10 store discount on clothing that applies at the end. One $40 winter coat for $13.33. He should be able to wear it next year and the year following. Win ✔️

Grand Total this week: $256.79


Average Daily Spending this year $30.93

Yikes! Even though spending is considerably higher than I'd like, I'm happy with my purchases. We didn't eat any fast food or any pizza. We ate out only one meal and I didn't buy any coffees. I purchased a ton of healthy foods. We were all well fed. And I'm very happy with the winter coat purchase. Also, I didn't buy any extra items, non food, non household supplies; no "stuff" category this week. Too bad it ended up costing so much just to eat but que sera sera.

Huge new coat


4 comments:

  1. I love that coat - and the chap modelling it!The spending also looks good to me. Think yourself lucky, I had to make an emergency purchase of a freezer this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! He's really growing up, eh?
      You've done marvelous with the freezer situation though!

      Delete
  2. Love the coat! I try to always buy bright coats for my kids because they are so much easier to spot in them with all the snow here. I love a good beef stew, too, especially on a cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm a BIG fan of bright coats and swim suits. I love being able to find him in a crowd in a quick second.

      Delete