Monday, May 20, 2013

Three Day Stretch

I'm in the three day stretch right now. We get paid on Thursdays. There's always a "you can do it, just make it to Thursday" feel Monday thru Wednesday. I have been sticking to the budget since my last post. Just following along like a good girl has already got me feeling much much better. That blindfolded, denial state is such a bad place to be in.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who commented on the "Do you Budget" post. It seems that there are a lot of woman out there budgeting and handling the finances for their families. As my husband is completely un-interested in any of our financial affairs I appreciate your comments. It's nice to know others are out their walking a very similar path.

Of the day's I've kept track of my spending I'm averaging $14.13 a day. It's been a bit too long since I've posted a daily spending update. I'm quite glad to finally be back at it.

Happy Monday!

Today's lovely: The beautiful orange azalea bush in our front yard. It's blooming right now and just gorgeous. I feel bad for that little bush because it gets attacked by ice falling off the roof every single winter. It has hardly had a chance to grow ever since we planted it about 5 years ago but it still blooms with the most gorgeous orange flowers every year. It's a trooper, a lovely little trooper.


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    Good luck with the three day stretch!
    Ieva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you have a post somewhere about this, but I have a question... Does your husband just have no care about spending? Who does the home budget managing? If it is you, is he involved? Please understand that I am asking these things to better understand your situation, and not to be critical ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have wrote about it quite a bit. I do all the budgeting. He is not involved, pretty much refuses to be. I'm baby stepping financially and in this particular area as well. He is slowly starting to realize that money is something that has to be managed he just doesn't want to be a part of it just yet. The reality is that there is a big chunk of the population that does not realize that money has to be managed. "as long as it's coming in it can go out right!?" We were a part of that group for a long time. I woke up. It's taking my husband a bit longer to get there. He will.

      Delete