Saturday, November 29, 2014

December To-dos (Christmas Countdown)

I have quite the list of goals for next month. One of my big ones was to complete a Christmas countdown project by December 1st. I'm so excited to have checked that one off the list today.
There are twenty five bags and each will contain a Bible verse, a "do something nice for someone" goal for the day, and a piece of candy (a Hershey's hug). Some of the bags, maybe five or six will have a small toy, or Christmas craft, or stickers in them. At present the bags are empty. I'll fill one each night after little Abe falls asleep. I didn't want them to be too heavy and it will be nice for me to be able to decide on the "do something nice for someone" goal the night before.

Some of the nice goals I have thought of so far for him are: bring cookies to the neighbor, make Grammy an I love you card, give daddy a giant hug, help mommy clean something up, give piggy bank coins to the Salvation Army red bucket, invite the cousins over so aunt Amanda can have alone time, pick out a gift from the dollar store for a friend (with is piggy bank money), read a story to mommy... I'm excited!

I've checked and the bags are not getting hot from the lights but I've purposed to not having the lights on for longer than 30 minutes at a time and we won't have them on when we leave the house.

Yay, one Christmas goal done!!!

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! I may have to steal that one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do! I wouldn't consider it stealing at all. I saw a few different things on pinterest and combined them for this. There are just so many great ideas floating around on the web!

      Delete
  2. :)))) so neat! If I did one project like that for December, I'd consider myself done :). I am humbled that you teach giving to others this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're silly :) I'm excited that I've thought of some really little things that he can do each day that I think are age appropriate for a 2 year old but that really impress the idea that we're giving to others. I really am excited for this holiday season!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this idea! We do an Advent calendar with a Bible verse and piece of candy, but I love the "random acts of kindness" slant. Great idea!
    I just happened upon a website from a friend that had a calendar of ideas. I thought you might like to try some of them. It will help me so that I don't have to think of too many on my own.
    http://www.coffeecupsandcrayons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Random-Acts-of-Christmas-Kindness-Printable-Calendar-for-Kids.pdf
    Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link with added ideas. I'll check it out for sure in a little bit.

      Delete