Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My Magical Powers (or lack there of)

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in my subconscious I believe I have magic powers and a fabulous magic wand that I can wave to make all of my dreams and schemes and elaborate projects I've stashed in my imagination come to life in a blink and a wink and without as much effort as they really will take.

I will not get stressed about Christmas this year, I will not get stressed about Christmas this year, I will not... meanwhile I'm almost half way through my enormous Christmas card project, there's a small child's quilt (or three, I told you I was ambitious), a fleece stuffed penguin, an alphabet picture book (which didn't seem like it would take as much time as it's taking), the rest of the Christmas cards, a hand made frame, lots of baking, an advent calendar, a family tree craft, a starfish shaped pillow with some intricate painting involved, and... oh my I can't even list everything I'm in the process of dreaming up, starting and working on. Time and especially time management are issues BUT Christmas is going to be spectacular no matter.

Fortunately I have most of the materials needed for these schemes...

6 comments:

  1. I DO HAVE MAGICAL POWERS!!!!! And my magical powers are telling you that you can do it. And when you have been told that by magical powers it is true. So There!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm feeling more capable already :-)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, well, I am here to tell you that long ago I would stay up until 5 am getting it all done. I no longer believe in magic. However, I believe in your ability and determination...you are young still. I need sleep.

    Did you ever give yourself a start time, like Dec 1 to start and Dec 3 to finish, then use Dec 4 to start another project and Dec 6 to finish? Or, will that even work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start and finish times are a GREAT suggestion. I really need to get these projects prioritized and giving them time tables is an excellent idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. :) and I'm just going to chime in with some Fly Lady magic - the timer :) See how much you can get done in 15 minutes and then re-evaluate :) Awww, you do have magic powers and Christmas WILL be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to use the timer advice more often. It really works wonders, almost like magic :)

      Delete