I've really been hugging that $19.20 a day range for awhile now. I really have not been able to shake it. I must admit that I haven't been trying that hard either. I've not necessarily been splurging but I have not been planning out my shopping trips very well at all.
There are a few very busy weeks coming up for work. My job is pretty labor intensive at times and I'm admittedly in the absolute worst shape of my life. In other words a few busy weeks at work REALLY saps my energy FAST!
Energy sapped = very poor planning, extra spending, lack of self control, and a grouchy Rivulet.
I need to just face this beast head on and, as I've just done, admit what I'm up against but then also put the boxing gloves on. I think, partially in keeping with my last post while facing what lies ahead I really need to stick to a game plan.
- Set time aside each day for me
- Start the morning with a devotional
- Cut out nonsense, brain overload stimulation (severely limit TV, radio, and facebook time)
- Work out at least five days a week for at least 20 minutes (I'd like to hit 30 min. each day but I'm being realistic)
- Stretch twice a day, everyday
- Water is my friend!!! Drink lots and lots of water (I should honestly have a sign somewhere in my house that says To-do List: Drink Water)
- Plan to make fun delicious treats at home so I don't feel the need to splurge on them while I'm working or when I get out of work
- I should meal plan this month too (I hate meal planning)
- Keep up a daily love list about my guys (to help keep me from turning into angry, nagging, snapping wife/mommy)
Okay, it's no longer the dreaded February. Yes, it's still cold. Yes, we're losing an hour of sleep next week. But spring is coming. Warmth is coming. Growth, and life, and fresh air will be soon upon us. I will get spending down and I will not let work get the best of me. On to a great March!