Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Anxiety knocks; No one is home

I've sat down at my blog several times over the past few months and my fingers remained motionless.

I find great joy in documenting my life, my little accomplishments, my goals and dreams, little adventures with my son, and sharing with the blogoshere my financial journey. I really like you guys. I've missed being here and still each time I've sat before this screen my fingers have sat as well.

Things here have been pretty great. Money is super tight but what's new. My husband and I both love our job changes. The new position for him and new job for me have afforded us a much better work schedule. We're both infinitely happier, nicer to each other, and more productive at home. All in all things have been pretty wonderful at the $12 a day home. (I've already gotten a raise and am making more then I was at my last job)

But the anxieties, the anxieties running rampant within the world wide web, on the news, in all of our hearts here in the great US of A; I think these anxieties are mostly what have kept me away, what have kept my lips sealed and my fingers still. The anxieties have kept my blog quiet. I've been seeking out calm, a silence of sort, a silence that comes from inward reflection, pushing away outside distractions. I very rarely post anything political here. I don't want to. I care. I care a lot but there's enough being said. I want my voice to be used for something else. None the less I've been upset about this election. I severely disliked both of the front runners. I didn't vote for either of them. I voted but not for them. I spent weeks not listening to the news, not listening to the radio, deactivated my facebook account, all in order to calm my mind, calm my heart, and seek peace.

I've found it. The election is over. The people have spoken. What is, is. And now we move on. None of us agree. Heck, no one in my family agrees. But we must have respect. We must follow laws. We must be a people of hope, of diligence, of conviction and love. I have peace. I will focus on living my life by my convictions, raising my son the way my heart and my God leads. I will live my life my way no matter who is "in charge." And I will have peace. Maybe that means continuing to avoid facebook, leaving the news broadcasters to talk at themselves, and listening to the birds or falling snowflakes instead of all the talking heads. Whatever it means I refuse to let anxiety knock any longer at my door, no one is home. I've gone to the woods...

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms" 
-Thoreau


14 comments:

  1. Well for gosh sakes don't do read the post I did today. lolz
    Let's hope that we can ALL come together now and world on building a better country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, I just read it, haha!
      That's my hope too. We need to all come together now more then ever.

      Delete
  2. Cute pic!!! It's time to get back to what really matters. It's supposed to snow for us this weekend and I'm looking forward to playing in the snow with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Living life, really living and loving our families that's what matters. I don't think we have snow in the forecast yet but my kiddo is really excited for winter so I think I'll be out playing in it too as soon as it arrives.

      Delete
  3. Wise words! I voted a third party vote because I could not wrap my head or heart around either of the major party candidates. I hope the President Elect will somehow be able to unite, but judging what I see daily I don't see it happening. My daily prayer is for some wisdom and a presidential demeanor for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you and I feel very similarly.
      I pray that too.

      Delete
  4. Same. We foster kittens usually from March thru November. Had 2 litters this year and only 2 weeks kittenless in between litters. While we have them, we don't watch the news because in the mornings the Hubs and I sit in the kitten room and drink our coffee with them. In the evenings we do the same only with a cocktail. Kitten time has saved my sanity.

    I too was not happy with either candidate but did vote for one. All I can say is I am overwhelmed with sadness due to the hate and venom I hear and see everywhere about this. What has happened to being polite and civil and respectful?

    This election seems to have brought the worst out in everyone. Thankfully, our foster kittens helped make it bearable.

    Keep finding your bliss in spite of the mood of our country. This too shall pass.

    Yours -DeeCee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that "kitten time has saved my sanity." I can think of nothing more cheerful. Thank-you for sharing that story. It's honestly really uplifting!

      Delete
  5. This will pass. The news can really get to you and you are right to un-plug. Hug you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for the hug :)
      I've not been able to watch it for months. My husband will have it on now and again, hardly often at all, and it just makes my stomach ache.

      Delete
  6. So happy to have you back writing. We are a nation of diverse people. I dare to think that all my bloggie friends, regardless of their political stance, would not tolerate hate, and try and improve the part of the world they hail from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. You know, it does seem that way. The bloggers who run in our circle do seem to all be very diverse but full of compassion and understanding. I think we all need to get together and run the country. Haha! Okay, maybe not but at least we'd be honest and not tolerate hate of any kind.

      Delete