Saturday, November 5, 2016

Feeling Thankful

I love this time of year; the beautiful fall colors, hot drinks, apple and pumpkin everywhere, the chill in the air, and thoughts of thankfulness. It's not so cold that we feel like hibernating yet, it's just cozy and kind of wonderful.

Our third annual Thanksgiving tree went up today (a few days late). It's now hanging on the dining room wall. We'll add one leaf to it each day this month displaying something we're thankful for.


I'm loving this tradition! I love that we walk through the neighborhood collecting beautiful and different leaves together. My husband was with us for the collecting this year. I love that each year so far our tree has looked very different. I love the way it looks on the wall. It's fun looking back at what went on our tree in years past. This year I made a potato stamp so that little Abe could stamp bark on our tree. I think it turned out great and he loved the potato stamp craft.


Granted, it looks better once it's filled with leaves but I'm extremely happy with this year's masterpiece. We are thankful!

6 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic tradition. It is nice to see someone honoring thankfulness when Christmas is rampant in stores all around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun for us! It brings me tons of joy throughout November too.

      Isn't it crazy how Thanksgiving seems to be completely skipped? Since it's not all about money, spend, spend, spend, it's like it doesn't even exist. Sadly, stores make it seem like Thanksgiving is just about getting great deals on Christmas gifts, and of course the feast :)

      It makes me sad but we really enjoy Thanksgiving during all of November so I don't let it get me down.

      Delete
  2. Love the tradition! We are going to be in Hawaii over Thanksgiving, but we are roasting pumpkins, making pumpkin seeds & trying to enjoy fall at our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're making the most of it too. We grew one pie pumpkin in the garden this year. We haven't used it yet but we'll turn it into a pie or cheesecake and roast seeds too :)

      Hope you have a terrific time in Hawaii!

      Delete
  3. It looks WONDERFUL - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Each year, as he gets older there are all these new little aspect to each holiday tradition. It's so much fun!

      Delete