Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Roses

Today I stopped to smell the roses...

in the cooler at the supermarket.

I'm beyond in love with my baby boy but I feel like I've been moving a million miles an hour. Today I was feeling that I'm too busy to be a good mom even. I'm gone for around 10 hours a day for work (long commute) and when I get home I'm drained AND I have tons of stuff to do just to prep for the next day. It's madness. Saturday's and Sunday's at home with my boy are priceless but the rest of the week... blah.

I'm not complaining so much as prefacing that I struggle more with spending/ not spending money (especially on food) when I'm emotionally and physically run down like this. I know that it will only get better. I also know that I won't be working full time forever (I'm shooting for under two years) but at present, AHHH!

Anyway, I was walking past the flower cooler at work today and I thought to myself, "I haven't a clue when I last smelled a rose." I stopped for a moment and felt a bit foolish at my thought process. Who picks up roses at the store to simply smell and not even purchase? Me of course. I grabbed a gorgeous peach bunch of a dozen roses and inhaled deeply. They were lovely! I genuinely don't remember when I last smelled a rose. I know that I love the fragrance but it was so much more lovely than I even remember.

I guess I say all this because it was today's lovely moment for me and you don't need to spend money to reward yourself/ cheer up a bit/ embrace those moments of relief in the chaos.

Life is truly splendid!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice post! Hope they were more lovely than ever! :) We can do so much to elevate our moods without spending money and making our financial problems worse! :) I bet every minute with your son feels like the best minute ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable pic -- your son is precious! I can't wait to meet my daughter! Once she arrives, I'm sure I'll be smelling supermarket roses too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is growing so fast! and you're right, we do need to slow down and smell the roses more often, it's so easy to just rush through the days

    ReplyDelete