Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Let the Holidays Begin

I dug out a neat little tin of buttons from my Grandmother's sewing table (one of the few things I inherited from her) and started making Christmas cards today. I'm an enormous procrastinator so I'm going to attempt the slow and steady method for the holidays this year. I figure if I make one or two cards a day I should have enough made by sending them out time. I LOVE Christmas cards! I try and send a different kind each year. Last year I sent out my stock pile of old cards that gathered up over the years. Normally I try and take a neat Christmasy photo and make a card out of it. This year I'm going to attempt making these button ones. These are my first two so I'm hoping they'll get cuter as I go along.

Thanksgiving and Christmas crafts going at the same time; those books in the background are pressing the leaves we gathered yesterday. Now I'm off to work. Hooray.

*A good friend of mine just published a blog post about updating the address book now so that you'll be ready come Christmas time. Great suggestion and a big part of my inspiration to start making my cards this year.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout-out! I love the blue and silver theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards look fantastic and in my opinion, you can't start too early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of everyone on your Christmas card list! I love these cards!! You are doing a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I am honestly having too much with them and definitely spending too much time on them but I just can't stop. I love them.

    ReplyDelete