Saturday, October 19, 2013

Goals

I've decided to make a few goals for what's left of 2013. It's fun to put them out there in the blogosphere even if doing so shines a huge spotlight on the ones you've left undone.

1. Compile financial info for hubby (in case of an emergency). I don't have everything written down anywhere. If he needed a handle on all of our accounts he'd be up the creek without a paddle.

2. Potty train the baby. He's not a baby anymore. I'm not saying I will have major success with this one but I'd like to try before the year is up.

3. Read three books. This one takes dedication! Time always seems to be lacking but I love to read.

4. Write and send ten thanksgiving notes. I'd "resolved" to write about 40 of these this year. I'll be happy with 10.

5. This ones a bit more vague. I'm feeling down about our financial situation for 2013. With "uh oh's" and loss of hours at work and you name it this year has been rough on our piggy bank. I would like to go over the budget with a fine tooth comb and figure out a way to feel a bit more secure about our financial decisions this year. I'm not positive what that means but that's the point of the goal: figure out how to clean up 2013 financially.

Well that was fun. Now lets see where these goals take me.

5 comments:

  1. As an older mom who potty trained 2 boys and 1 girl, let me tell you that in general boys take longer and train much later than girls....that's in general but if you have a son who is icked out easily then he won't take long. lol
    And also with boys, if your hubs or some adult male in their life can help with the training it goes better/faster.
    Good luck with it tho!

    As for Goal 1-that's a great and very important one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've heard that about boys that's why I'm not getting my hopes up too high but I figure it's worth a try anyhow. His dad should be able to help significantly. Do you have a preference between a little kid potty or seat that goes on the toilet? I think I'm going to try a seat that sets on the toilet but I don't have any experience with this : )

      Delete
    2. All 3 of mine liked the little potty over a small seat on the toilet. 1 voiced their preference saying they were scared of the toilet swallowing them.....lol I can see how a tiny tushy-ed person might be scare of falling in.

      Delete
  2. Potty training is all about the bribery. I potty trained my little girl with fruit snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go for the seat on the potty. Pouring potty does not sound fun to me.
    I have found that just sitting them on the potty and rewarding them for that is a great way to start (before the tubby when they have no clothes on is a good time).
    We also believe in bribes. We go for candy - usually what I like because I need a potty treat too :)
    James also had the idea of letting them run around without clothes and this was very successful. I would avoid pullups as you are just paying more for a diaper and its not like they really feel wet. Just put panties (maybe not what you call them for a boy, haha) on him and once he feels wet he will know what he is trying to avoid.
    Hope it goes well for you.
    Its okay to take a break too. About a month ago Arianna was doing really bad so I put diapers on her all them time until she was ready to do a good job again.

    ReplyDelete