Sunday, October 4, 2015

October Spice

Anne in the Kitchen over at "New Happenings at the table and whatever" has posted a fabulous 31 to-dos in 31 days list for October. She made it her mission to post a to-dos list of things that would bring her happiness. I LOVE her list! I particularly like numbers:

1. Remind myself of every good thing that fills my life
3. Send a "just because I care" card
7. Introduce myself to someone new.
17. Go alone to a movie in the middle of the day
24. Listen to Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet Suite
31. Wear something in a color I never wear. (This might or might not bring joy.)

There are a ton of great things on her very creative list and I think this is a fabulous idea. I'm going to attempt to make a list of my own. I'm excited about this new month. New beginnings are always fun. I'm glad we have 12 months to begin a new with each year. I think filling this start to Autumn with a bunch of extra spice and happiness is a phenomenal idea!

9 comments:

  1. Challenging the norms are a good thing. I'll check anne's list out and will look for yours if you are sharing. You selected some good ones to like about her list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list is ready to go now. I'm posting it tomorrow :)

      Delete
  2. There is a reason I never wear some colors, so I won't start being miserable just for the sake of doing something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is funny. I'm pretty sure she's going to try to wear a new color that she thinks will make her happy and not something that she doesn't like. Haha! You're making me laugh.

      Delete
    2. Truthfully I am stuck in a color rut and need to shake things up a little.

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't really think about mine. Instead I just sat and typed the first things that came into my noggin that would bring joy to me. I am sure if I had been more deliberate I would have thought of other ideas, but I really did like the spontaneity of it. Sometimes I am guilty of overthinking anyway.

    I look forward to reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your list. I tried to write mine out pretty quickly but at the same time I tried to come up with a few new things too. I didn't want to have all stuff that's been on one of my many lists before.

      Delete
  4. That list on NHATTAW looks very ambitious. I look forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she did a good job putting lots of little things on there too though, like the listening to a certain music and wearing a new color, she has happy things that can be experienced very quickly with just a little effort needing to be exerted. I like that!

      Delete