Sunday, September 9, 2012

Friday fail. Saturday no spend.

The ONE goal for now is $1000 emergency fund. Currently $220.

September's challenge is to not buy food or coffee while working with only 2 exceptions.

Friday was a fail. I ran out of coffee filters. I literally cried when I opened the cupboard to get one and saw they were gone. I bought a coffee and a cookie before work and I bought a diet Dr. Pepper (pop) while working. My two exceptions have officially been spent. BOO!

The good news is that I've been kicking butt with dinners. We ate out once last week. I can blame that on my husband who brought home taco bell. I have three dinners worth of ingredients in the house right now. Believe me that's REALLY good for us. Usually we have enough food to make one dinner and then we just don't "feel" like eating that dinner so we get something else. Now this dinner downward spiral happened shortly before the baby was born... we totally reverted to our old ways. But I'm making a come back to the good ways. It feels good! I feel healthier and the budget is feeling it too!

Friday was a fail (but we did eat dinner at home). Saturday was a NO SPEND! 

$1000 emergency fund here we come.

Saturday Lovely: The babe had this weird hyper bought. He was kicking and squealing and giggling almost uncontrollably. It was a little weird but he thought he was so hilarious. Priceless.


1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! We just kind of wiped out our emergency fund to put towards buying a new (to us) car. Emergency? Debatable, but I do need to get to work! We are trying to rebuild the EF and it's hard! After a long day at work cooking dinner is the last thing I want to do (and then there's the dishes!) but I keep reminding myself how much $ it saves!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete