Saturday, September 24, 2011

Almost

This week was awful. I worked 51.5 hours, with commute that 57 hours in 5 days. I'm quite officially tired, sore, and grouchy. In fact I'm over budget this week but I'm surprised that I'm not $100 over budget. I've noticed that when I am forced to work an obscene amount (which includes lots of crouching, kneeling, climbing, lifting, walking... it's like getting paid to work out) I tend to feel the need to buy food to ease the discomfort. I ate two bags of peanut butter m&ms on Thursday. Let me tell you they really helped get me through that 12 plus hour day.

This week's budget came in $14.24 over. It's STILL over. I didn't balance the budget AGAIN but it's so close. I'm happy with it. It's the closest I've come in awhile. I feel like I'm getting back on track. Yay me.

In other news I failed in my attempt to rein in the husbands spending. I really didn't attempt it at all. I didn't attempt anything these past two psychotic weeks while working my butt off. BUT he spent $38 less this past week then he did the week before. $38 is ALOT of money (considering that his spending is basically all nonsense, nonessential, blah... and a little food while he's at work). This morning's agenda: post this blog, go to the ATM, withdraw cash for him (for this week), write down the weeks budget on paper clear as day, and hand him the cash and the budget when he gets home from work. The idea is that if he knows what we have, where it's going and how much he can spend then maybe he'll be a little more considerate about the seemingly endless supply of money he throws out the window as he drives through town. He just gets so crazy when I talk about money or try and get him to think about the budget. I think this is a simple plan: Hand him the budget and spending money. He can do whatever from there.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea because they won't be controlled. Monsters that they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek, I've just signed myself up for 50+ hour weeks for the next month or so. Hope you're feeling less run down soon!

    $14 over is really good! Only $2 a day really. Especially if you are trying to work around someone who's a bit more spend-happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same position as you. I need to find a way to control my BF's spending.

    ReplyDelete