Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Debt Quote Tuesday and a little Optimism

Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
-Henry Ford
It's been slow going around here but I'm trying. I'm thinking about spending constantly. I'm slow stepping forward and not back.

It's funny to me that even though I'm NOWHERE near the debt payoff I dreamed of when I began $12 a day I'm still very happy with the payoff we've accomplished thus far. No matter how many times I screw up the budget; no matter how many times I fall short of my goals; no matter how many times I must return to blogger to complain to you all about how I messed up AGAIN the debt is going down, and it's going down considerably faster than it ever has before.

I guess what I'm getting at (and this certainly isn't a go get em, win big speech) is that "nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs." Just keep baby stepping. Just keep moving (forward ideally). Just keep going and EVENTUALLY you'll get there. Despite all of my... um, shortcomings the light at the end of the tunnel is growing brighter and brighter and much much more lovely as each day goes by.
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
-Lao Tzu

3 comments:

  1. It's definitely a go-get-em speech in my mind! Despite all the costs (both expected and unexpected), your debt is going down!

    I have to keep telling myself a similar thing. I just had to replace my car (for another cheap run around!) so my overdraft is bursting at the seams once more. I was annoyed that the money I'd saved had been blown, but then realised that if I hadn't have been striving to reduce my debt then I'd've had no way of buying this car without racking up more debt (probably with more interest too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great, and you will soon have so much more responsibility and another reason to get your finances under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing marvelous! Moving towards your goals isn't about perfection, it's more about leaning towards them-and it sounds like you're doing Great with that!
    We have been having a No Spend month of September using envelopes with $15 a day for 7 days=$105 a week. it has been a fun challenge. You can find us here if you'd like to compare notes and encourage one another. Keep up the great work~
    http://fromscratchfrugalityfitnessandfood.blogspot.com/2011/09/enjoying-coffe-life.html?spref=fb

    ReplyDelete