Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Am Going To

I suck at "I am going to." I'm a dreamer, a schemer; I'm always looking at the big picture, the glamours, way off in the future, grand culmination of things. But those darn things are what keep me from the bigger picture.

I've said it a million times but I really need a daily reminder: its about the baby steps. Today is important. The bigger picture is me being debt free. The baby steps today are me planning, watching what I buy, bringing lunch to work, making dinner at home, and reminding myself all day long that some dreams never come true. I have to fight for this one.

Yesterday was NO SPEND #40. Woohoo.
My average daily spending for July is $14.11.
Life is obviously more expensive since little guy came into the world but I can do this.
I'm shooting for $12.56 a day this month.
Baby steps.

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts! Its nice to know that I'm not the only one who needs a bit of reassurance every now and then. Totally right, baby steps! If I buy one less coffee today, thats an extra $5 I have tomorrow.
    Look forward to the next post!
    Jess
    http://buxbaby.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for No Spend number 40! :)
    "making dinner at home", yes. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a positive role model. It made me feel good to read your post today. Sometimes I feel that I am making two steps forward...and 5 steps back...:(

    But you are right, baby steps...:)
    http://thenakeddebt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete