Friday, December 9, 2011

45 Goals Friday

45 Daily Goals for 2012  UPDATE

1. Balance the checkbook everyday - I'm glad this is number one. I love this goal!!!


2. Get rid of something useless everyday - This has been easy so far... I have a lot of old food in the house. Can anyone say "lazy pack rat."


3. Throw some change in the Christmas jar everyday - I missed the past few days because I'd run out of money for the week but otherwise this goal has been going well.


4. Cash envelope it! - Still doing pretty well, still HATE the cash envelope.


5. Cook everyday/ Don't eat out (one weekly allowance) - Horrible the past few days, we ate out three times I think, last week.

6. Stretch please - this one hasn't been happening. Geesh it's such an easy goal too.


7. Write down EVERY purchase - Still on it. Good.


8. Sorry, no coffee shop coffee today (one monthly allowance) - I've bought one coffee from Starbucks this month. Let's see if I can make it another 21 days without breaking down and getting another one.


9. Really sincerely thank someone today - I keep forgetting this one. But I did do it on Tuesday and it was neat. The guy was like, "wow, thanks, I really appreciate that." It'd be a really cool thing to do everyday.


10. Set aside $2 for future purchases - nope... I think I buy the "future" purchases on Thursday when the week starts.


11. Designate $2 for the peanut - been spending a bit more than $2 a day on the peanut.


12. There's $10 for spending today - Only $3.98 over budget last week!


13. Remember your 50 cent sugar allowance - Averaged 59 cents a day last week. That's amazing for me!

14. Pray... it helps significantly - slacking a bit.


15. DO NOT throw out food! - So far, good. There's one thing that I do need to throw out this week though : (


16. Be on time for work. - I was early 2 days and then late the rest. I did talk to my boss about it though and he said that I'm actually incredibly punctual (in comparison) and that it really doesn't matter. I'm still going to try and be on time though.


17. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit - Check!


18. 2 to 3 servings of Veggies (yes you can) - Been eating lots of carrots. My baby might be orange.


19. Lots and lots of water... about 72 oz. - Been averaging 48... need to step it up this week.


20. Don't buy something; Just put it back! - Did good a few days, then forgot about this goal.

21. Brush the dog's teeth - I'm implementing this one to save on future vet bills, to impact the overall health of my dogs, and to remind myself that it needs to be done. They're worth it!

22. Read a book for at least 15 minutes everyday - totally do-able, right? I've REALLY slacked off with reading this year. It's not something I'm proud of. 15 minutes a day will sure add up. I can do it!

23. Pay a bit of attention to me; sit in massage chair, or put on hot neck wrap, or use foot cream, or sit in a quite room with a cup of tea, something for me - Thanks for the suggestion Absentminded Mother. This is a good goal.

3 comments:

  1. I need to make goals similar to yours. The BF always calls me a hoarder and makes fun of me. I need to get rid of one thing a day (or 5 things a day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ROCKING your progress. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing great. This is already a lot of things to do in one day. I tried to do the cash envelope thing last week, but on Thursday I needed somethings and didn't have the cash so I used my debt card instead of putting things back. I found this cash envelope link on pinterest that I would like to print out to help me:
    http://todaysnest.typepad.com/todays-nest/2010/09/todays-money-budgeting-with-cash-envelopes.html

    ReplyDelete