Monday, December 5, 2011

Just Put it Back

Don't buy something... just put it back!

This goal will be an interesting one. Yesterday I went to the store to buy some food for the day. I intended to get lettuce for the tuna fish sandwiches but I forgot it while I was in the produce department. As I started back for the lettuce I decided that was going to be the "something" I wouldn't buy yesterday.

Each day I intend to not buy something that I would otherwise have bought. If I don't buy anything at all for the entire day then this goal is accomplished. Otherwise, something must not be bought.

45 Daily Goals for 2012
1. Balance the checkbook everyday - so far so good
2. Get rid of something useless everyday - on it!
3. Throw some change in the Christmas jar everyday - practically perfect
4. Cash envelope it! - yuck, but doing pretty well.
5. Cook everyday/ Don't eat out (one weekly allowance) - not great but better.
6. Stretch please - this one hasn't been happening
7. Write down EVERY purchase - Yep
8. Sorry, no coffee shop coffee today (one monthly allowance) - Good job so far!
9. Really sincerely thank someone today - keep forgetting
10. Set aside $2 for future purchases - not good
11. Designate $2 for the peanut - ok
12. There's $10 for spending today - balanced the budget last week!
13. Remember your 50 cent sugar allowance - Hahahaha, nope (averaging 59 cents a day)
14. Pray... it helps significantly - ok
15. DO NOT throw out food! - So far, good (but there's some stuff in the fridge that I'm questioning)
16. Be on time for work. - gonna try today
17. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit - been eating at least 1 each day
18. 2 to 3 servings of Veggies (yes you can) - been eating at least 2
19. Lots and lots of water... about 72 oz. - pretty close
20. Don't buy something; Just put it back! - Done (once)

6 comments: