Friday, March 7, 2014

Priceless Perfection

You know that feeling you get in the perfect moment? When it's calm and quite and the sun is beaming warm and bright through a window near by. You're healthy as can be, comfy, and truly enjoying now. There's an aroma you love wafting through the air. Maybe a favorite candle, cookies baking in the oven, or your favorite aromatic dinner cooking away in the kitchen (for my son that'd be pizza). Or possibly you're driving down the road in spring time on the first truly warm day with all the windows down and the fresh beautiful spring air is rushing everywhere, embracing you. There's a song on the radio that makes your heart swell and you're maybe listening in awe or singing at the top of your lungs. These moments are generally rare or maybe we just miss noticing them too often. It's that moment you just think, "ah, perfection... could you just last a little longer. I am happy."

Sometimes while watching my son playing or discovering something new in the world (it's amazing the things that are new to a two year old) I wonder if he's having these moments back to back to back. You know how kids throw tantrums when you tell them it's time to leave the playground or clean up from a game they are engrossed in? Do you think us greedy, speedy, impatient adults are ruining or ending one of those moments for them? I don't know what it's like to be two. I have memories from seven, and ten, and twelve but I do not remember being a seven  year old. Is it impossible for us to fathom having these perfect moments so often? I'm just pondering. Maybe it's nothing like that for them but maybe it is. Maybe except when we're "ruining" it children really, really love life (or when they're tired, hungry, teething, or sick).

Just something I'm thinking about. So much joy in life is priceless but free, completely free.

You have a perfect moment?

6 comments:

  1. Wait, he's already too?? Where did the time go? :)

    I definitely have moments like this - more now when spring is closer and closer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! I feel like he should still be closer to one. He just turned two so yep officially he is a two year old. Craziness!

      Delete
  2. I love those 'perfect' moments! I often think that it is a perfect moment for me when I am sitting on the couch and I have both of my kiddos snuggled up on either side of me and they are happy, content and peaceful. Times like that I think, "It doesn't get any better than this and I wish it would last forever!" (Unfortunately, it usually doesn't last more than 10 minutes- haha.) I also love it when I am listening to them giggle in the next room- it's like music to me! :)
    http://blessedbeyondmeasurefrugalhappylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are perfect moments for sure. Yeah, and I'd say 10 minutes is about the max :)

      Delete
  3. Love those moments when you actually notice and think, this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete