Sunday, February 2, 2014

$12 a day first annual fund raiser (update #4)

There are 10 days left for my fundraiser.

Three fine folks have donated thus far and I'm thrilled at their kind hearts and generosity. If you've $10 or so to spare in the next 10 days I'd love for you to consider sending it my way for the family in Guatemala.

In a way this fundraiser is for me. I'm not keeping any of the funds but I've been wanting to send a monetary gift to this family for quite sometime and I just don't have the means (currently... hey, I'll be debt free someday!). So this fundraiser is a way for me to realize one of my dreams a bit earlier than I might be able to do on my own (the dream of gifting into the lives of others). If you've read much of this blog you're also aware that I dream of adopting and giving a home to children who don't have one. I hope that one day this will be a part of my life but in the meantime I'm cleaning up our financial mess and praying that my husband understand my hearts desire. I admire this family so much, as they are taking in children (families of children in fact) who are un-adoptable for legal reasons and giving them a permanent home (legally). These beautiful orphans now have a mom and dad and siblings when otherwise they'd be left in an orphanage or on the streets.

There's a lot of ugly in this world but there are many, many, many, really great people working to make a dent in the mess.

The original fundraiser post is here: http://mymoneystory.blogspot.com/2013/12/12-day-first-annual-fund-raiser.html

No comments:

Post a Comment