Sunday, July 6, 2014

June Numbers Are In

The below list is a simple summary of all our cash outflow for June minus my husband's spending (which includes his lunches and any spending strictly for himself; ie going to lunch with a friend, picking up beer for band practice, ect).

Home expenses $1133.28
Vehicle expenses $376.35
Utilities $270.42
Credit card payments $667.19
All spending $511.70

Each of these categories has several things inside of them. For example home expenses includes the mortgage payment (and escrow), and equity line. Vehicle expenses includes the car payment, gasoline, and car insurance.

Average daily spending for June: $17.05

I wanted to spend a ton less this month but I'm pretty happy with $17.05 a day. It's my 3rd lowest spending month this year and I think it's the first time this year I've put more towards credit cards than what I spent for the month. For July I'm hoping to at least come in between January's $15.66 and March's $17.01. Looking at the pattern that's developing my spending this month should be over $20 a day BUT it doesn't have to be. Try, try, and try again. Ahhh, life!

January $15.66 a day
February $20.27 a day
March $17.01 a day
April $19.99 a day
May $20.55 a day
June $17.05 a day

Average daily spending for 2014: $18.31


This was at Shedd. It was the munchkins favorite part of Chicago.
He's his father's son for sure;
loved the 4D movie more than anything else in the big city.

8 comments:

  1. It's great that you put more towards your credit card than you other spending. How much do you still owe on your credit card? I know that you've been on your journey for awhile. You are doing great. It's hard to keep the momentum going after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really even know how to answer your question. We used credit cards pretty consistently in 2012 after my son was born when I was off work and then when I went back to work my hours were really shotty so it was a BAD year. I was in a pretty good daze at the time and for a good portion of 2013 and it didn't' seem like we were spending that much BUT... at the beginning of this year I was pretty depressed about the seemingly stopped progress in the debt payoff area but I decided that at least for this year I'm not going to focus on the payoff progress but instead really try and focus on what I'm spending and just being responsible overall with spending (that's been a big part of the mission all along). When I think about the "payoff" results I just want to declare bankruptcy but I don't feel right about that AT ALL. Anyway overall debt is consistently going down. The credit card debt is VERY slowly going down. Ugh, it's a "journey" that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. It's still thoughtful and omniscient spending though, so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are brilliant! You have one enormous mountain to climb and you are not deterred. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! A mountain it is. Sometimes I definitely sit down and just look at the top with a frustrated gaze upon my face. Sometimes I head back down the mountain a bit out of sheer frustration but I always start back up. One of these days I'll reach the top and I look back at the tremendous climb. Then I start my journey down the other side of the mountain. I think there are very good things on the other side.

      Delete
  4. You're the most consistent person I know! Reading these stats, it's official now. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete