Saturday, July 12, 2014

Simply Splendid NO SPEND Saturday


Little Abe and I went for a nice long walk this morning with his Aunt Nikki (she's really just a friend but he's been calling her "aunt") and Nikki's little son. I said nothing about a no spend day or not spending money and she bought me a coffee and little Abe a cookie anyhow. It was so nice. It's been cloudy all day and it started sprinkling a bit while we were walking but there was something refreshing and comforting about the gentle summer rain.

I cooked up a Jack's frozen pizza for dinner. It's one of the cheapest frozen pizzas you can find but I picked some fresh basil from out back, gave it a little chop, and topped the pizza with it. I also added some sharp cheddar to the pizza.

To finish off the day I baked some apples with a toffee caramel center and a crumble topping. Very simple but really thrown together (nothing measured/ no recipe followed). Just apples, a bit of apple juice in the baking dish, flour, butter, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and chili powder in the topping, and butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and chili powder in the toffee center. SO YUMMY!!! It was the perfect finish to this dreary, cloudy, summer day. You could say that I experience a tremendous amount of joy through food and you would be absolutely correct. hehe

NO SPEND day 44 of the year was a total success!
Average daily spending for July: $18.05

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Now I want some baked apples...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy with how they turned out too. You should make some :-)

      Delete