Sunday, July 27, 2014

Such a Blah Day

NO SPEND day 49 is in the books.
I got a lot of yard work done today.
I played a fun game of kick ball (2 year old version) with my son this evening.
But overall today has been so... there isn't even a word. AHHHH!
My son has been in the strangest mood. Normally I'd blame it on myself because his moods are such a direct reflection of mine but, ugh. Not today. He's been doing something rambunctious or naughty almost every minute of the day today. Okay, that's a gross exaggeration but it feels that way. I guess what these last few sentences have led me to realize is that I'm INCREDIBLY thankful to have an amazingly well behaved, kind, considerate (he even sporadically stopped during our kick ball game to ask the ball if it was doing okay... I'm not joking) child who is having an off day. An off day is a nice way to put things into perspective I guess. He is really such a good kid. Man today was horrid!

Signing off! I NEED to get him in bed asap!!!

Average daily spending for July: $18.66

OH NO, what if lemon meringue pie makes him crazy?!?!
Hm, I guess I will be eating the rest of it by myself...

8 comments:

  1. And that's the best excuse for tidying up a lemon meringue pie that ever I heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "OH NO, what if lemon meringue pie makes him crazy?!?!" had to smile about this one :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have that thought right as I concluded. Hm?

      Delete
  3. I say eat the pie and let him sleep it off. That's all I got. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still pie in the fridge but he's not getting anymore of it. I don't think he slept if off though... ahhhh. I pulled some weeds early this morning and he ran up and threw them in every direction. It's just odd behavior for him. Maybe it's in the air. This is a festival week in my town and everyone gets kind of cuckoo. yep, that's it. I'm blaming it on festival week!!!

      Delete
  4. He sounds very normal to me. Why not throw the weeds in every direction? He is going to go through odd behavior all his life if you just examine his behavior and compare it to past behavior. My daughter was frustrated, saying that her four old son acted like he was ten some days, just so mature for his age. Then, ten minutes later he had regressed to a whiny two-year-old who would not do anything he knew how to do. My comment to her--that's what happens until his is about 21. Kids just have to try everything to try Mama's soul and patience. He will continue what you comment and get excited over.

    But, I think you need pie, all the pie. If you feel like giving him pie, just cut a little wedge from the edge, not a long skinny piece from side to center. Make your pie slice the same, and then hide to eat more.

    One day, when my son was the age of yours, he ran from room to room and destroyed things in each room. While I was rescuing something, he was on to the next room wreaking havoc as quickly as he could. I was just going nuts that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the weeds, I guess the little guy isn't normal. On a regular day he would carry the weeds to the weed bucket for me as opposed to throwing them all over the place while my back is turned. But yes he is 2 and that thing about destroying every room... I've already been there so many times. Definitely normal there. You clean the kitchen and then head into the living room and it looks like a bomb went off, clean the living room and then his room looks like it exploded. Yep.

      It really was a VERY off day (this day I blogged about). But I'm with your daughter, at times my little one seems like he's 5 and it's so odd to have such an old little kid but then he zips back to a very regular 2 year old and AHHHH, what happened. I feel it must be a bit different with your first kid because I'm learning everything new every day but honestly 99 percent of the time I love every moment of whatever he's doing. He knows it too. He totally responds to praise and positive recognition. So far he only gets time outs for directly disobeying or for intentionally hurting someone. And so far he understands the time outs and corrects the bad behavior right away..

      He is such a great kid!

      Delete