Monday, September 1, 2014

August Numbers Are In

The below list is a simple summary of all our cash outflow for August minus my husband's spending (which includes his lunches and any spending strictly for himself; ie going to lunch with a friend, picking up beer for band practice, video games he buys, ect). Each of these categories has several things inside of them. For example home expenses includes the mortgage payment (and escrow), and equity line. Vehicle expenses includes the car payment, gasoline, and car insurance.

Home expenses $1145.96
Vehicle expenses $560.75
Utilities $350.47
Credit card payments $545.68
All spending $561.72

Average daily spending for August: $18.12

I would LOVE to have come in under that $18 a day mark. I think I did really good this month considering I purchased a $20 toy for my kiddo, we had a birthday party we attended this month, we went out for a nice dinner last night, I purchased a book and some "school supplies" for little Abe (we're working on learning letters right now), and I spent $20 on blueberries we picked. I really did watch all of my spending closely this month so I am proud of myself.

January $15.66 a day
February $20.27 a day
March $17.01 a day
April $19.99 a day
May $20.55 a day
June $17.05 a day
July $17.88 a day
August $18.12 a day

Average daily spending for 2014: $18.23

I really didn't know where my daily average would end up this year. I hadn't included spending for my son in my daily average before this year. I'm starting to think that if I end 2014 under an $18 a day average I will have done really well. I was hoping for $15 a day but it's looking farther and farther off the radar. I might just revise my goal to $17 a day for the year. That sounds like a decent challenge.

Well September, here we go!

4 comments:

  1. The important thing is that you're tracking your money and you know were its all going! $18.23 is still an incredible average. Good luck and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. Tracking every penny really does make a difference. Sometimes there will be a week or two when I don't add things up or jot things down until the end and oh boy do we spend so much more then.

      Delete
  2. That's a great way to keep track. I really like how you put that as an average. I still cant keep to my goal and budget a specific amount. Good Luck to us this September :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to us for sure! I find that tracking a daily average really keeps things in perspective for me and helps me spend less.

      Delete