Friday, September 25, 2015

Day five of $10 a day (for ten days)

I put candy corn on my shopping list today. I was so excited. And then the store I was working in today only had the name brand/ didn't have the store brand. The name brand candy corn, on sale this week for $2.99 is at least twice the cost of the store brand. I couldn't do it. I can't tell you how long I stood there staring at the $2.99 package of little orange, yellow, and white triangle delights. I wore a look of absolute defeat on my face. I was looking forward to that purchase all morning. (yes, I have issues) The good news is that while in my miserable state of doing whats right (not getting the $2.99 candy corn) and feeling so let down (by not being able to get the cheaper candy corn) I resorted to another seasonal candy. I bought three boxes of candy canes on clearance after Christmas last year for around 15 cents a box. There are now four candy canes left out of those three boxes and while they don't evoke that same autumnal delight that the wonderfully addictive and sugar comma causing candy corn do, the peppermint goodness is still very enjoyable.


Spending rundown today: $8.42 on groceries.

My budget for the month is $450.79 which leaves $47.40

Average daily spending for 2015: $17.81

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'd defer the purchase too. That's some pricey candy corn. I like to buy the ones with the fall mix-usally can get one big eniugh for the candy bowl for $1.59 or so. Maybe this year theres a shortage.

    ReplyDelete