Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Debt Quote Tuesday

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
- George Bernard Shaw
Definition: Liberty - freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, from captivity, confinement, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.

The Bible says that "the borrower is slave to the lender." I read these words very literally. One has forfeited many of his or her liberties once they have borrowed money from another. I am not free to do what I wish with the money I make because I owe it to another. I am held captive from places I may wish to go or plans I may wish to make for financial reasons, financial reasons that would not be an issue if I owed no one.

We've dug our own hole. I will be the first to admit to that. I'm working on getting us out no matter how long it takes. In the mean time this statement rings truer than true, "liberty means responsibility." We were not responsible with our finances at first, for years. Responsibility is living within your means. Responsibility is paying the bills first. Responsibility is working to increase your income if you're unable to live off of what you make. Responsibility is hard work but it enables liberty.
Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.
- Bob Marley

Spending rundown today: $25.08 on groceries. $2.14 on a yard ornament/ little blue bird for my sister and mom's yard. I left it there on may way home from work. It was deeply clearanced out and for some reason I felt I needed to buy it and put it in their front flower bed today.

My budget for the month is $513.62 which leaves $236.19

Average daily spending for 2015: $18.02

No comments:

Post a Comment