Monday, March 14, 2011

Getting back into the Swing of Things

I spent $24.91 today. Alot of that was spent on beverages. I bought coffee beans, creamer, milk, two 2 liters of pop. I think it's going to take a tiny bit to get back into the swing of things here. I knew the free for all dining out would break down some of the strength I'd built up. Tomorrow I'll try and spend as little as possible, just like I'd been doing pretty much every day before I went on the Detroit spending spree. Today I went $11.48 over the $12 a day budget. It shouldn't take more than two days to catch up but I'm going to need to be way more careful.

The Plan: I'll have coffee and PB toast for breakfast. I'll bring a few empty pop bottles back and buy some ramon noodles and fruit for lunch with the return money. I've already got a few nutri-grain bars in the car (part of the $24.91 spending today) that I can snack on throughout the day. I think I'll break out the Stanley thermos and bring some home brewed coffee to work with me. The constant Starbucks, McD's and Tim Horton's last week in Detroit is making the coffee resistance pretty difficult. I made a few no-bake cookies this evening that will add a little cheer to the day tomorrow (time change ALWAYS kicks me in the butt pretty hardcore). All I should have to purchase tomorrow is food for dinner. If I stick to the plan I'll be back on budget in no time at all.

I'm going to cross goal number 2 off the list. I haven't used the overdraft account in over a month and a half. Considering that I used to use it almost every week I think I deserve to be able to cross that goal off.

No comments:

Post a Comment