Saturday, May 10, 2014

Brand New Dinnerware

I've been wanting a set of new glasses for sometime. Glasses break, you know. And then you're left with one glass from this set, and one glass from that set, and I should actually take a photo of all our singles. It's gotten a bit ridiculous. I know that eclectic is in style so our miss matched glasses are just fine.  I manged to find a way of "making" a new set of glasses though. And I love them!!! Considering the boom in Mason jar usage for everything under the sun these jars are rather in style as well I think.
We don't eat spaghetti too often but when we do I use ground turkey meat and purchase the Prego heart smart mushroom spaghetti sauce. I've just been saving the jars and Wallah! We now have a set of new glasses. They are great for drinking water out of because they're so large. I don't use any other cup for my son's smoothie's now because these jars spill so much less than a normal glass or cup. He can actually carry it through the living room without any splashing or spilling out. Yes, his smoothie is a sort of brown color. I've been throwing in a handful of baby carrots and two large kale leaves. He has no idea that there is as much veggie in his daily smoothie now as there is fruit.

Maybe everyone has been using spaghetti sauce jars for glasses forever but this is new to me and I'm rather happy about it. I love these glasses! And, bonus: if one breaks I'd have no reason to get upset in the least. I could just make spaghetti for dinner the next night, haha!

6 comments:

  1. This post brought back some memories for me. When I was a kid my great-aunt used to take the large cleaned out Prego jar and put in a few teabags and hot water. Then she would put the lid on and let it brew itself for a while. The she would remove the tea bags and add sugar. After that she put it in the fridge to get cold and we were always crazy about her homemade sweet tea served from the Prego jar. Haha. :)
    You know what, I think I am going to make some now- I have an empty Prego jar on the counter- thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And might I say thanks for this comment! What a GREAT story! Brought a huge smile to my face.
      :-)

      Delete
  2. Great idea. I love the added bonus that the glasses don't spill as easily! When I lived in Missouri we sometimes ate at a BBQ restaurant that served the beverages in Mason jars. Why not spaghetti jars, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of the spill factor with the first jar I saved but I soon discovered how almost spill proof they are. It's a great bonus!

      Delete
  3. Jeeh for smoothies!
    And real good idea. I use them to make my own sauce once or twice a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gets a smoothie every day and he LOVES them. This is by far my favorite thing to serve his smoothies in!!!

      Delete