Tuesday, May 7, 2019

dragons and dutch dancers

Almost one quarter of my kitchen had been taken over by toys, toys that Abe has been playing with regularly in there (mostly involving slime) but I was slowly losing hold of a very important room in my house. If you've never watched an area become over run with toys you must know that this process also included other random things making their way into the beast: spoons, magnets, socks, an strange assortment of dishes that in reality he'd been using for the slime activities; the list goes on. Yesterday's WIN was my valiant conquest at taking back my kitchen. It's almost completely back to normal and is such a breath of fresh air. Abe will still be playing with slime and dragons and little men and a giant dinosaur to accompany it all so there is some fear of a regroup on the enemy's side but for now I am victorious. A sweet sweet win.

I made tacos yesterday. It had been planned. I made guacamole, fried peppers and onions, cut up fresh cilantro and diced fresh onions (we eat a lot of onions). We were stocked with chips and salsa and a sickening assortment of hot sauces since my husband is slightly obsessed. BUT I forgot sour cream. FAIL! (Dinner was still good)

My SPICE for the day was weird. It was like trying a new spice or maybe like trying a savory spice with something sweet and you sort of like it but it's weird. Anyway I took the kids last minute after dinner and rushed out of town, about 40 minutes south of us to watch my BEAUTIFUL nieces Dutch dance in central park for the Tulip Time Festival. I'm super glad we made it, got to watch them, ect, ect, it's was a wonderful spice. Gosh darn it they are gorgeous! I haven't seen them Dutch dance before and I doubtfully will head back out this week to see the festivities again but what a scramble! Little Abe was bothered at how short the outing actually was (even though we were gone for TWO HOURS on a Monday evening). I was rushed the whole time. Baby girl was sort of fussy, since I may have woke her up from her nap and shoved food down her throat. But you know what, all in all I'm really glad we went and there you have it.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I had an excuse for playing with (clean) slime! Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy day-well, I guess with little ones all are busy, but adding a trip to a dance as well, kudos for making it work.

    ReplyDelete