Sunday, May 19, 2019

fifty two seconds of silly abe



I have to start off with yesterday's SPICE: pictured above ^
I should have made blueberry pancakes again because that would have made the morning complete perfection. Our day started off with me making coffee, grabbing a few breakfast biscuits and then reading the Bible to the two littles. After a few verses in Genesis it was time for Abe to read to me. To keep little sis distracted we gave her a book of her own to play with. Thus, picture me sitting on the loveseat (where I snapped the photo from), sipping hot coffee and listening to my seven year old pride and joy read his Captain Underpants book in his silly voices (it can be annoying but it's funny) and watching this little peanut read through/ look through/ kiss/ nibble on/ get into some sort of wrestling match with her book. I'm not sure life could be much better, unless the window was open and bird songs were wafting in the background and blueberry pancakes were on a plate in front of me. This is one of those moments that I want to put in my back pocket and carry with me forever. This is the loveliest of spices!

The WIN for yesterday was simply not overdoing it. Yep. I win because I did less than normal. My back has been really sore and I told myself in the morning that I needed to chill. Mission accomplished. We didn't go anywhere (except for a walk around the neighborhood). I didn't do any yard work (I think the main culprit for why my back has been bothering me more than normal). I didn't do as much house work as I should have. Check ✓✓✓

Yesterday's FAIL was kind of, sort of, yelling at my mother in law on the phone. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I yelled. In the past two weeks I have already had a mother in law fail once before. This is my second offense in two weeks. I don't think my mini freak out was totally unjustified but again, I should have had more self control. Darn it!

I'll leave you with a fifty two second video of Abe that I took yesterday morning. As a part of our daily routine he reads to me for a bit. He likes to read in ridiculous voices. Generally I try and force myself not to stop him when he's reading in really annoying voices even though it drives me crazy. He enjoys it. Here's a sneak peek into my daily torture, LOL!


1 comment:

  1. It's great that your son understands the concept of book characters being different and usong correspondong voices for them! Go Abe!

    ReplyDelete