Wednesday, May 29, 2019

SPRING!

Last year I didn't garden. I also hardly did any yard work: mowing the lawn, trimming the edges, weeding the beds... I was VERY large, tired, and uncomfortable with baby girl growing in my tummy and once she ran out of space and was done growing I was very sore, tired, and in new born baby mode for another two months. Our yard was a mess last year. Spring and summer were somewhat of a haze.

I LOVE my little garden each year though. Putting these tiny plants into the ground and then watching them get bigger each day, tending them, and the miracle of food growing as a result of these small plants being placed in the soil is nothing short of exhilarating for me. The thrill of it hasn't grown any less as the years have gone by either. I LOVE IT!

A co-worker bought something like 26 tomato plants a few weeks ago and he says to me, "I think I may have gotten carried away. Do you want any tomato plants if I don't end up using all of mine?" Of course I took him up on the offer. At least a week ago he gave me six gorgeous little tomato plants. They've been hanging out on our back walk ever since. Yesterday's WIN was getting our little garden in. Myself and the two kiddos spent about an hour in the back yard after dinner pulling weeds and grass out of the little neglected patch of land next to our fence that I call a garden. I broke up the soil once the weeding was done, added a bag of dirt and some compost (spent exactly $10 on the pair), got the little tomato plants in, and put up my small fencing to keep the rabbits out. Yay! We're gardening again!!!

FAIL: I don't know. Yesterday I said the dishes but I got those caught up. There are so many things that aren't up to par. Life is really hard, super exhausting, I'm not perfect at ANYTHING but I can't really think of a fail in particular for yesterday. Good enough.

Tuesday's SPICE for certain was having dirt all over my hands. Digging up earth worms. Pulling up weeds. Breaking up the soil. It was wonderful having dirt covered hands again! A plus was giggling about baby girl eating clovers while I dug and watching Abe do his crazy seven year old boy stuff while I was getting the garden in (climbing the fence over and over, squashing spiders, racing up and down the driveway, digging in the dirt with me, ect;).  

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, do enjoy your garden -I enjoy mine! Don't disparage good enough either - good enough IS good enough. You're right, good enough is not a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have two children, and you will never be perfect at anything else, ever again...lol. "Good enough" will be your win for most things from now on.

    ReplyDelete