Wednesday, May 8, 2019

family walk around town

Yesterday's win, fail, and spice are all the same thing. I work on Tuesdays. I got home with sore feet and a hungry tummy. After sitting down to visit with the baby who acts like she hasn't seen one of us for an entire little baby lifetime when we get home from work I was ready to start making dinner (and to start eating dinner). My WIN for the day was saying yes when my husband asked if we could go for a walk before dinner. This was a win because it would have been so easy to say no. My feet (and back) really hurt. I was super hungry. And I knew I'd have to make dinner as soon as we got back from the walk. Total win!

The FAIL was not bringing Abe's water bottle with us. My child, always overflowing with energy, is unbelievably strong, athletic, outdoorsy, and thirsty. He's always thirsty. Leaving the house for a three and a half mile walk without water was a major fail on my part. You'd think I'd have learned by now. Needless to say, about a half mile from home he, "just couldn't go on!!!" His feet hurt. His back hurt. He was going to faint any second. He may have fallen down very dramatically in a few different front yards. Here's my reminder for every single time in the future, ALWAYS bring water!

We live in a beautiful town with a nice little downtown area and we're rather close to the lakeshore. We love going for walks. None the less we had a long harsh winter and we've only gone for two or three walks in the past few months. Going for a nice long family walk in sunshine with the pleasant spring weather (minus the last half mile of drama) was a wonderful SPICE for a long busy Tuesday evening.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that you are managing a daily post. I wasn't a reader of your blog when you first had Abe but your "spending tally" suggests that you needed time out (back in 2012 it was time out from money tracking). Well done for coming back. Glad also that you enjoyed your family walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made not logging into facebook until I've posted my win/fail/ spice to blogger a part of the challenge. So far I've tried to really quickly post in the morning before the kids get up and right before leaving for work. I think about what I want to post the day before and then in the morning I spend between 7 and 10 minutes posting. So far so good! It's nice to be back. Blogging is very motivating for me.

      Delete