Thursday, May 9, 2019

gloomy and family

Yesterday was pretty chilly and gloomy. I feel like my mood sort of matched the weather. There were no significant wins throughout the day for me. The only thing I can think of is when we took a break from school work to take a few walks around the block. I pushed the baby in an adorable pink car that their great uncle gave them and Abe rode his scooter. This was a WIN for me because I felt like I was getting grouchier and grouchier and even though it was windy, lightly sprinkling, and chilly it was really good for all of us to get outside and move around.

I already stated the FAIL for the day. I should have taken a time out sooner. Grouchy days are no good for anyone. Yes, we all have them and they are TOTALLY allowed. But I could have tried harder to shake the grouch, that's all.

Yesterday's SPICE involved seeing a relative who we haven't seen in thirteen years. We headed out just past 6PM (super late in my book as I normally have the baby in bed by 7:30) to my in laws. Try this one on for size, my husband's step dad's niece was in town. Yep, his cousin but they NEVER call her that. Weird, right? They just always call her Papa's niece. Okay, anyway, she's so nice. We're friend's with her on facebook so she's watched Abe grow up in part. She knows a bit about us and we know a bit about her. My mother in law takes a trip across country once a year to stay with her in California for about a month.

Last night she treated the whole family to dinner at my in laws. She brought gifts for the young children. She made microwave smores for them all. And she is just as happy and friendly and kind as I remember her being from 13 years ago when I first met her. Seeing family that we never see was a completely fabulous spice! When we got home Abe talked about her and asked a few questions about her while I was getting him ready for bed. He kept reffering to her as, "that nice lady." I love it.


6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of that pink car - I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to post a photo from the walk but I was in a rush to get to work and I forgot. It's super cute and she looks like royalty riding around in it with an enormous grin on her little face.

      Delete
  2. I still love this format you are following!
    What a great thing to visit relatives and have a great time. We hardly hear lovely "relative visiting" stories on social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having fun with this challenge.

      It was actually a very good time visiting with his cousin. You're right, that doesn't seem to be a trend. Haha!

      Delete
  3. Love your approach to posting. For me, my win was getting in a workout right away yesterday, even though I wasn't feeling it. My fail was that I'm still not meditating, even though I know it's useful & would help me with these last few weeks of work.

    My spice is that I am working with my son on reading, and have been enjoying a bunch of great books lately due to our reading/bonding time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed a similar trend with my "wins." When I don't feel like doing something but I'm able to accomplish it anyway it is very satisfying. I LOVE your spice!!! How lovely!

      Delete