Monday, April 11, 2011

My Refrigerator is Talking

I bought fertilizer for the lawn today and a few groceries. This weeks spending is up to $40.27 already. I am $16.27 over the $12 a day budget so far this week. I'm glad to have finally bought the fertilizer though. I've been feeling bad since my husband keeps asking me to pick it up and I just keep on avoiding it. It was on sale so that's good.

In other news there are really strange high pitch noises coming from our really old refrigerator. They've been increasing in frequency for over two weeks now. I'm not to keen on the idea of replacing it but I'm afraid it might be out of commission VERY soon. I've $555 slated for the Chase card that I will not be paying off by May because I spent too much money last month and now I'm afraid I'm going to have to drastically cut into that $555 for a new fridge. We shall see...

As much as it irks me that I might need to buy a new fridge I've this tiny little feeling of accomplishment and pride knowing that the potential fridge incident won't be a crisis because I've been taking care of our money, spending frugaly and budgeting every penny pretty responsibly. I want to pay off the debt now and I hate the idea of spending that much money on anything but it's a really great feeling to actually have real money to put towards a difficult situation. Normally there'd be panic and dread and we'd have to ask someone to lend us money or we'd have to do the unthinkable and break out one of the dusty credit cards and further increase the debt. We don't have any sort of emergency fund yet but by following a really tight budget and setting aside big chucks of money to throw at the debt monster we're in a pretty good place right now.

I do hope we're not going to have to buy a new fridge though.

No comments:

Post a Comment