Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just Keep Stepping

Ok, so resiting the clearance cadbury eggs was a big step for me but not a huge turning point. I want so so so so badly to be good and responsible but I just keep buying unnecessary food. I am currently $2.60 over my $74 spending goal for the week. I only have $7.40 left in the original $12 a day budget. We already went out to eat once this week and we got frozen yogurt from TCBY. Those two genius moves right there are budget busters for sure.

I'm trying not to beat myself up every time I foolishly blow money. I get so depressed about it but it doesn't do any good because I tend to break down and spend unnecessary money when I'm depressed. Sort of a double edged sword right there. I just need to take it one day at a time, baby step after baby step. Everytime I start to look at the big picture or imagine myself sticking to my super tight budget for months out I panic a little and start to loose it. It's at those moments when I'm thinking about not spending money for a really long time that I break down and do something stupendous like go out to eat. (I believe we have been getting better on that front though). One day at at time. I can do this. I WILL do this.

Hey the leaves are budding. Outside smells fabulous. The trees are covered in tiny bits of red, yellow, and an assortment of greens. The sun is shining today and it isn't too cold outside. The sky is blue and there are just a few fluffy clouds in sight. All in all I've $7.40 left for the week (at least I'm not over budget at present) AND the world looks so beautiful. I think I'm going to get outside and do some yard work as soon as I post this blog. I need some fresh air and dirt under my finger nails. One step at a time. One tiny step at a time...

1 comment:

  1. i totally admire your desire and dedication to living on $12 per day. it's a hard thing to do! but it seems like you're spending a lot on indulgences rather than necessities, which is fine but it's also causing you to go over budget week after week. would it be beneficial to have a separate category for those indulgences? like, set aside $24 for the week (in addition to the $12/day) for things like tcby or starbucks. that way, you don't have to beat yourself up every day.

    debt reduction and learning to live on a budget is hard. you do not need to add depression and guilt to the mix!

    ReplyDelete