Monday, May 9, 2011

Starting week 19 of this Awesome Journey

Saturday I cleaned the house like a woman on a mission. I washed (with my new homemade detergent) and folded all the laundry. Hung two loads on the line out back to dry in the warm spring air. Washed all the dishes. I have a tendency to wash MOST of the dishes most of the time. I think it's a disorder I have but I alway leave about 10 cups or a few pans unwashed. Yesterday I washed every dish. I vacuumed, swept the floors, cleaned the bathroom, sorted through junk mail... the house is looking pretty good. I say all that because I had a very difficult week last week and I'm always in a bit better of a mood when the house is clean. I knew that if I cleaned I'd have a better week this week. Yesterday the husband and I did a ton of yard work, which I LOVE doing, so that's put me in a bit of a better mood. Hopefully we'll get out there again today and finish up.

After all that cleaning and outdoor labor my husband decided that pizza for dinner would be good. I think I'm incapable of turning down pizza so that's $19.80 of spending to start out this week. I spent $13 on groceries bright and early Sunday morning, actually it was before the sunrise so I guess it was dark and early. I started day 1 of week 19 with $32.80 already spent. I'm not gonna let it get me down though. The house is clean. The sun is shining. Spring is here. I do not need indulgences. I can stick to the budget this week. I think I can, I think I can.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing with dishes! I'm not sure why. I usually put a few aside to soak and never quite make it back until the whole pile has reformed. It is a good feeling to have the whole house cleaned up and to have yard work almost done. Good for you :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete