Sunday, May 29, 2011

the little things

I've been thinking debt, thinking money, thinking freedom, thinking burden, thinking debt, thinking money ALL YEAR LONG!!! It's tiresome.

Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. Philippians 4:8

My sister brought this verse to my attention a few days ago and it's like a light bulb turned back on somewhere inside of me. I'm REALLY hard on myself. Like a drill Sergent all day long I'm yelling in my head, "get it right, don't mess up, march, march, march!!!" Unfortunately I am human so mistakes and missteps are immanent. But then I just beat myself up. Yeah, I'm one of those folks. Wait, you've been reading my blog, you already know all this. My brain tends to lock onto one thing like a pit-bull that bites down and can't let go and I forget about the rest of life.

I've been thinking about debt and spending all year. I'm trying so hard to focus and learn and grow. I'd like to think I'm progressing but I have not been stopping to smell the roses or meditate on, contemplate, and notice things that are lovely. Without the little things I'm not going to make it to the end of this journey. I know this, I forget this, I remember this, and then I forget. Wow, I'm like that fish Dory in finding Nemo.

I must try and notice the little thing, the lovely things every single day. Here's to the little things... they keep life beautiful.

So, wondering what was lovely in your world today???

Stop and smell the lilacs.



2 comments:

  1. You are lovely for making me stop an reflect. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's officially the nicest comment I've ever gotten. Thank-you friend.

    ReplyDelete