Friday, May 13, 2011

Wrapping up week 19 Today

The grand total is $83.63. I'm not spending any money tomorrow. It's not quite the number I was shooting for but I did come in under budget. I've a whole 37 cents left from this weeks budget to put towards the overage.

Homemade Laundry Detergent update: I've done 7 loads with the new detergent. So far so good. I actually think my clothes are coming out of the dryer a bit softer than they did with the regular detergent. I haven't changed my dryer sheets so I have to attribute it to the new detergent.

Coffee Addiction update: I think I've bought 2 coffee's in the past two weeks. Neither of those were from Starbucks. I think it's been over three weeks since I blew money at that fine establishment. With the exception of 3 beverages total I haven't been drinking anything caffeinated for over three weeks. I'm absolutely certain kicking the caffeine is helping immensely with shaking the NEED to purchase coffee constantly.

I bought highlighters today. I NEVER buy anyTHING for myself (food yes, stuff never) but today I splurged and bought highlighters for my checkbook balancing endevour. I'm going to be highlighting each transaction in a certain color. At the end of each week I'm going to give my husband a quick update about what's been spent and how much. He STILL refuses to listen to a word about the budget but I figure I'm going to start making an overview list for him each week and not bugging him about it but just giving it to him. I really feel he should know where our money is going and how much we (he) is spending and on what. I'm really excited about the highlighters.

The end (of week 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment