Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I love this holiday. In 1 hour we'll be driving across state to chow down on a feast with my dad's side of the family. Food and family are my favorite.

On this day of thanks I'm inclined to blog about the MANY many things I'm thankful for but the list would be quite long and most likely grow more and more uninteresting as you attempted to read through it. I will say that I am really truly thankful for more than I could ever list. And I will mention that I'm thankful that all of you have chosen to join me on this blogging journey.

Today's goal number 9 of the 45 I put forth in observance of the holiday: Really sincerely thank someone. Life can get rather expensive rather quickly. Finding ways to save money, pinch pennies, and live responsibly is a full time occupation. Having to daily decide, "do I really need that?" or "should I settle for this," and "what the heck am I going to eat that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?" is tiresome. But life has so much to offer completely and totally free of cost. One of the most invaluable assets to these spectacularly complex lives we lead are the people who daily grace our pathways. While focusing on money, money, money I'd like to take a moment each day to thank a priceless person for what they're contributing to my life.

I have a feeling that I'll often be finding myself at the end of the day having forgotten goal number 9 and then thanking my husband for something. Not a bad situation to be in though.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

45 Daily Goals for 2012
1. Balance the checkbook everyday
2. Get rid of something useless everyday
3. Throw some change in the Christmas jar everyday
4. Cash envelope it!
5. Cook everyday/ Don't eat out (one weekly allowance)
6. Stretch please
7. Write down EVERY purchase
8. Sorry, no coffee shop coffee today
9. Really sincerely thank someone today

No comments:

Post a Comment