Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Seven

Goal 7 (of 45): Write Down Every Purchase. I have a notebook ready and waiting.

This one's going to take some determination and focus. Ideally I'll be balancing the checkbook everyday. Good, that'll help me not ever spend more than we make, pay all the bills on time, and not have to stress about overdraft and little money at the end of the week (so far so good). Ideally I'll be purchasing items with cash only (not quite there yet). That'll help me stick to budget and it makes balancing the checkbook easier. If I write down EVERY purchase I make next year; 10 cents tootsie rolls, $1.26 eggs, $30 pants, then I'll know exactly where every penny went which oddly sounds like fun. My alter ego is a HUGE nerd. I'm pretty certain of this. I'd like to think I'd be more inclined to not purchase something like $3.98 Starbucks coffee (I always buy the littlest one) because I'll feel a tad bit ashamed to put it in the ledger.

7 down 38 to go!

45 Daily Goals for 2012
1. Balance the checkbook everyday
2. Get rid of something useless everyday
3. Throw some change in the Christmas jar everyday
4. Cash envelope it!
5. Cook everyday/ Don't eat out (one weekly allowance)
6. Stretch please
7. Write down EVERY purchase
Loved this tree at Newgrange (Ireland)


1 comment:

  1. I need to write down all of my purchases. If I did that I'd probably spend less.

    ReplyDelete