Sunday, February 3, 2013

Date Nite

My husband called from work today to ask if we could go out for dinner tonite. I was planning a NO SPEND but you know, I actually felt good about saying yes. It's been quite a long time since we went out for dinner (by our standards at least). Even though I had been planning a nice dinner at home (I'll make it tomorrow) I knew it would be good for us to dine out.

We went to Texas Roadhouse and spent much more than I would have liked but we both ordered pops and we got an appetizer. I'm more full than I've been in a very, very long time. It was a really nice dinner and funny, the babe actually slept the entire time so it was very much like a date as well. That's my kind of date, no baby sitter but a wonderful time together just the two of us. Honestly I really prefer having my child with me wherever I go but I know that it's good for us married folks to venture out without the kiddos. This evening was perfect.

I'd planned to do an "average daily spending" report based on the months spending but I'm realizing that will require a bit of extra work on my part so I'm going to stick with the average daily spending for the year instead.

Average daily spending: $13.49
Shooting for my two NO SPENDs in a row tomorrow and Tuesday instead of today and tomorrow. Those should help get the average back down a bit.

Don't worry I'm not getting a tattoo. I do love the really good ones but I would lament never being able to see that bit of my skin ever again. Additionally I'm an extremist. I'd either want like full sleeves or none at all. One tattoo just wouldn't suit me. However Jenny I think I shall add "look for the lovelies" to my little list for the month once I've finished writing this blog. That's a very good idea.

Today's lovely: A somewhat unexpected date nite with my husband. It was worth much more than it cost.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a nice evening :) Major lovely.
    Absolutely money well spent.
    Ieva

    ReplyDelete