Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Debt Quote Long but Successful Tuesday

Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.
Proverbs 10:4
Diligent was my middle name today.

Quite possibly I should blog every morning. After that last post I got my rear in gear and actually went grocery shopping (yes I work at the grocery store. no I did not want to make an extra trip) as I had no food to bring to work with me and I was out of yogurt and fruit for baby Abe. I did not want to resort to the drive thru today and I don't think the little guy would have been happy eating veggies and bread (and formula) all day. Once I got home from shopping I very much resembled the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland quickly turning this way and that, "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!" In one hour I made a tuna pasta salad for my lunch/ dinner, baked my very first Texas sheet cake, brewed up some coffee to bring with for the day, got myself and the boy ready and washed a few dishes. Saving money is exhausting.

I spent $8.25 on my shopping trip.
AND I didn't spend one single penny while working today. On my late (basically working second shift) day I usually spend money like there's no tomorrow. NOT today! Hooray!
Ooh, ooh, ooh, and my four hour Friday is only two days away. I am happy : )

Average daily spending: $13.51
$127.17 left for the month.

Today's lovely: There is a large lengthy dip in the road near the university I drive past on Tuesdays. It's a rather large university but it's in a very rural area. Thus tons of traffic but not much man made scenery. The expanse of vast red light sparkling before me and equally as many white lights on the other side of the 4 lane road was quite breath taking as everyone rushed to their destinations somewhere other than where we all were (in the middle of nowhere of snow covered hills between a large frozen river beneath a completely grey evening sky). Not often do I find traffic lovely but it was very much so this evening.

3 comments:

  1. "Saving money is exausting" - I agree, sometimes it really, really is.
    Awesome how you turned your day around!
    Ieva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, saving money is absolutely exhausting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed!! It does take a lot of planning and determination to save money and you've got both! You are doing great!
    Shell

    ReplyDelete