Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Grocery Shopping Fun

I spent $34.41 today. I tried to pick up the basics, enough food stuffs for today and tomorrow.

Eggs
Butter
Cheese
Bread
Milk
Potatoes
A box of cereal
Yogurt

I was not kidding about being out of practically everything. I also bought a small can off coffee for $3 (it was on sale at least) because I'm out, a bag of smarties for $1 (Abe gets candy for certain rewards and it's usually M&M but my goodness smarties are so much cheaper), and face wash for hubby for $7.20. My bill would have been considerably smaller without that facewash.

We're going to a backyard barbecue this evening so I don't have to worry about dinner for myself and the kiddo. We weren't asked to bring anything but I still feel badly that I'm not. I tried to think of several different things but I'm really trying to keep the budget down and I just couldn't think of anything practical, delicious, and cheap. I'll make grilled cheese sandwiches for my husband when he gets home from work (he won't be going to the barbecue with us). I figure we can eat eggs and potatoes tomorrow for dinner. So with just these basic items we should be set for two days. The average daily spending is still much higher than I'd like it to be but I am trying.

Average daily spending for June: $16.23

If I were to hit my goal of averaging $17.50 a day spending for the year by the end of the month I calculated that we have $372.43 to spend this month. By those calculations and based on what I've spent thus far there's $145.20 left for the rest of the month/ $9.07 a day... not looking to good.

No comments:

Post a Comment